December 1, 2017

Meeting with Ms. Bernard

November #1

On Nov. 16, I had a meeting with my on-campus mentor, Ms. Bernard from the Business Office, to introduce my project and to discuss the future steps.

I explained that my signature this year is a continuation of my business model competition project last year, and now I'm specifically focused on developing the preliminary translation system (software part) of the sign language translator concept that I had from last year. I will work closely with Ms. Bernard to build a formal business plan on the improved idea with a technological basis of the software system.

We agreed that it was a good idea that I started off my year (during Sept. and Oct.) working on the technology side and exploring what technologies/equipment I may need.

Ms. Bernard recommended a local company called Kitware (https://www.kitware.com). They offer help on projects, counseling on research development, and collaboration with start-up companies. I will research into Kitware and see if there is any opportunity that I can later contact them for advice.

Ms. Bernard and I planned to start working on the business part of my signature after winter break in January. So before then, I will continue figuring out the technology part of my off-campus mentor, a GE engineer.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you connected with her! She should be a great resource for your project. Remember to keep her posted as you progress.

    ReplyDelete