February 28, 2018

More Tech Research

February #1

More tech research

This month, I did more research on sign language recognition technology. With my engineering mentor, I found various super helpful studies/journal articles investigating this topic. Some reveal the same concerns that I had: ambiguity of hand movements, poor performance of normal cameras, and ineffective computing model However, some others confirm my ideas: recognition nowadays can be achieved by deep analysis camera like Kinect and then deep learning neural network. Kinect camera will work to track movements, and deep learning network will then recognize the meaning.
I aim to follow this path and further discuss with my mentor to see how I can do a software simulation practically.
Also, I have got replies from Kitware company for further connection to its technical teams.



No comments:

Post a Comment